Tent Choice

I'm about to purchase a new tent and looking for some recommendations. I'm pretty sure I want to get a Vaude because I can get really good deals on them. Sometimes I walk with my partner and I'd rather buy 1 tent which can be used as a 1-2 person than buy a 1 person for me then a 2 person for when we both go. I'm based on the West Coast so water proof is going to be one of the bigger deals. My main concern with the Vaude's is there isn't enough fly space at the front for storing packs/cooking. Weight is also a pretty big deal as I often travel with my dSLR camera and lenses so I try and save weight where I can. Has anyone had positive/negative experiences with Vaude? Is there anything in particular I should be aware of? Any feedback appreciated.
78 comments
51–60 of 78

"um no, I think there is a little more to it than that my friend..." Please enlighten us on the reasons why....?
Oddly since about the time of Damon's most recent post, the paging (at least in this thread) doesn't seem to be working for me. If I look at page 5, 6, 7 or 8 of this thread I see mostly the same posts but off-set with one or two more recent ones each time. Looking at the post IDs (in the 'Link to this post' URLs), there doesn't seem to be any duplication, so it appears to be the website's paging system rather than posts actually being duplicated. Maybe this is a side effect of the paging system getting confused by hidden spam posts, or something along those lines?
Yes, I have also noticed that izogi, there are longer threads which do not have the problem.
51–60 of 78

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Gear talk
Started by awalker
On 21 February 2009
Replies 77
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown