Tramping partners for 2-6th March - Rees/Dart?

1–10 of 27

Hi, I have an extremely tight timetable and would love to do a 4[ish] day tramp around Queenstown, the Rees Dart really appeals. I would fly into Queenstown about 9am on Monday 2nd March (unfortunately missing a 8am departure to the start of the track that I have seen advertised - perhaps there are later departures?] and would have to be back in Queenstown on Friday 6th March. Would love to do the saddle but depends if time allows. Open to do other tramps in this area... Cheers Melissa
HI Melissa We are meeting in Queenstown, some on the 2nd and some on the 3rd, and will be doing the Rees-Dart on the 4th. It's a pity that you have a slightly tighter schedule than you do, but if there is any way in which you could join us for all or part of the tramp, you are more than welcome to. Two of us will be flying into Christchurch on 1st March so if you, or anyone wants a lift to Queenstown we'd be only too happy to have your company.
Hi Melissa and Norm. Melissa, I was looking at the possibility of joining Norm and others for the Ree's-Dart but in all reality it might just be a little too far for me to fit in around work as well. If you're on a tight schedule and think a tramp a little closer towards Canterbury could be an option then let me know as I am in Christchurch and think I could definitely arrange something if it was a little closer to home. Norm, I think in all reality, its going to be a push for me in terms of distance and time on this occasion but thanks for your very kind offer!! If you are in Chch for a day or two after the Rees-Dart, would love to meet up with enthusiasts like yourself and hear how it went.
Oh sorry Melissa, just realised you have a flight already booked in to Qtown so you're not going to want to cancel that! Ignore my post, Ive been having a very blonde day all day!
Hi Lisa Shame that you will probably not be joining us on the 4th, but I fully understand that time is at a premium. Next time perhaps? Will keep you posted should anything else be arranged later in the year. Would be nice to perhaps meet up in Christchurch after the trip. Again will keep you posted if we have the time. Hi Melissa. Any chance you might be joining us? Hope so. If not, I wish you well on your tramp, and like Lisa, next time perhaps
Hi Norm I am now having a bit of a blonde moment.. was expecting these threads to alert my Email.. so hence slowness in reply! I am afraid due to time I couldn't wait till the 4th to start the tramp, real shame. Out of interest, what time would you be setting off from Christchurch on the 1st? Hi Lisa I actually don't yet have a flight booked because it all depended on getting tramping partners. Soo... If I can't, I was going to stick around Christchurch area and could do a 2-3 day tramp or even day ones around that area, probably from Wed 4th to Fri 6th. Would that suit?
Hi Melissa Unfortunately the threads do not alert your emails, as you have so obviously found out by now, so it might be worthwhile sending a suggestion to Matthew who runs the site asking if this is a possibility. I think it would be a great idea. It's a real pity that the times don't match up as it would have been great to have you along. As for when we are departing Christchurch? We haven't yet decided. All we know is that we arrive at Christchurch airport at 1.50pm on Sunday 1st. Whether we drive down that afternoon or spend the night in Christchurch, either is an option. Lisa, if it works out that you definately can't come on the Rees-Dart tramp, I do hope that you manage to hook up with Melissa and do some good tramps. Maybe meet up with you on our return?
Hi Melissa. 4th - 6th could be good! I think work would be okay with that. I'd just have to book those dates off sooner rather than later but I can always tentatively let them know anyway. Norm, Im pretty sure Dart-Rees is not going to be a go-er this time but yes def keen to meet up afterwards if you can. Melissa, let me know what you decide to do. I dont say Im keen unless I mean it and try not to pull out if I say Im keen (except on this Dart-Ree's occasion - the irony! Sorry Norm!!) so if you hang around Chch/Canterbury area and need a tramping buddy def let me know :o)
Hi Melissa, Having threads notify you of updates by email is on the To Do list. Thanks.
Hi Lisa Sorry been a bit of a long time. I am actually flying out tomorrow to Christchurch from the UK. I have decided to make up my mind once I am in NZ. Don't want to mess you about with booking time off work so I could just let you know as soon as I make up my mind which I would hope would be in the next week. I am just not sure whether to still get down to Queenstown and explore that neck of the woods a bit. If we did go tramping, do you have any idea where you would fancy going? Banks peninsula? Cheers Melissa
1–10 of 27

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Tramping partners
Started by Melissa on Tour
On 4 February 2009
Replies 26
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown