Tramping partners for 2-6th March - Rees/Dart?

Hi, I have an extremely tight timetable and would love to do a 4[ish] day tramp around Queenstown, the Rees Dart really appeals. I would fly into Queenstown about 9am on Monday 2nd March (unfortunately missing a 8am departure to the start of the track that I have seen advertised - perhaps there are later departures?] and would have to be back in Queenstown on Friday 6th March. Would love to do the saddle but depends if time allows. Open to do other tramps in this area... Cheers Melissa
27 comments
21–27 of 27

Hi peeps, Am flying into Christchurch, NZ for the first time on or before 1st March. Have been planning some tramping online and noticed your thread and wondered if you have room for one more. Have been working on a survey vessel in Aus the past 3mths and so I would say my fitness has dropped, but generally would still class myself as good to be able to tackle moderate to hard tracks. Don't have much kit with me and was looking to pick some up when I get there, If I arrive on the 1st, which if I do, will I have time to make purchases?
The more the merrier. Welcome aboard. As you can see from the thread we are meeting up in QT to do the Rees-Dart. Hope you can join us. We arrive in CC on the 1st and will be driving down, though not sure if that will be on the 1st and perhaps stopping over somewhere on the way, or on the 2nd and going straight down. Still waiting to see if Melissa on Tour is going to join us as well, and would like a lift down to QT too. More than welcome if you do Melissa.
Cheers Norm, am looking forward to this, I had not even considered Rees Dart, but now that I have looked it up, it looks like a crackin hike. Is there a place and time we will meet, either Christchurch or Queenstown?
Good to hear you're keen on coming. We're getting into CC from Sydney at 13.50 on Sunday 1st. Probably driving down the coast and stopping off overnight in Oamaru before heading inland to QT where we'll be meeting some of the others in the Pig and Whistle pub at 14.00 on the 2nd. The 3rd will be a day to get things together with a stroll up Ben Lomond before heading off to the Rees-Dart on the 4th. You're more than welcome to join us either at CC or QT. Still waiting to see if Melissa on Tour will be joining us or not. Look forward to catching up soon
Thats 17:00 at the pig and whistle now, just to let anyone who asn't seen the other notice board know
How did the trip go?
The trip went well. Pity you couldn't have made it. Next time perhaps? I have put some photos up on Facebook, but expect the others will also be adding theirs when they get back from their current tramp. Sadly time didn't allow us to join them. David, who hopefully you caught up with in CC, is off on the Banks Peninsular and I am back in Oz.
21–27 of 27

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Tramping partners
Started by Melissa on Tour
On 4 February 2009
Replies 26
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown