So, where are you tramping over the weekend?

Overniters or day trips. Be interesting to know where we go. The weather looks pretty crappy in general, so there may not be too much going on at the moment. We find it hard to start walking in the rain, but if it happens while we're out there it's not so bad.
218 comments
201–210 of 218

Going to go and check out Puketutu hut this weekend. Weather forecast doesn't look to bad at this stage. It feels slightly warmer and looks a bit brighter in the mornings and evenings now. Am I getting a little premature or is spring on its way? There are 4 of us going so that will pretty much fill up the hut.
Your about to find out theres not much between you and the outdoors at puketutu
Yes, got the tent just incase.
Have fun, its a real favorite of mine, but very cold. On a different note, has anyone heard from Madpom Lately?
Working working working. Trapping Purakaunui Bay, Catlins for last 14 days. 200m white stone coastal cliffs straight down to the sea. Podocarp bush and enough rain to make a westcoaster go home to the dry! Doin a pmickey & posting from a mobile. pages display well, but typing tedious.
Working working working. Trapping Purakaunui Bay, Catlins for last 14 days. 200m white stone coastal cliffs straight down to the sea. Podocarp bush and enough rain to make a westcoaster go home to the dry! Doin a pmickey & posting from a mobile. pages display well, but typing tedious.
Great to hear from you, sounds like your pretty much back to good health.
Solo-hiked The Little Desert Discovery Walk and some more nice photos were taken comparing to those from the club trip.
Just back from Puketutu. We ended up camping on the helicopter pad because the hut was inhabited by rats. My cheerful companions managed to kill two of them with the axe. On coming back we found an alternative route that dropped directly down to a stile in the back of farmland about 3kms north of the Wairere Falls. I will post a GPX track of where we went.
That's a shame, when I was there last time a large amount of food had been left, eggs bread etc.., I assumed someone was coming back to use it. How was it on the Heli pad? I had the impression it would not make a pleasant campsite. That alternate route is mentioned on a map on the hut wall or in the log book, if the rats have not eaten it.
201–210 of 218

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Tramping partners
Started by Tracking
On 4 July 2008
Replies 217
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown