So, where are you tramping over the weekend?

Overniters or day trips. Be interesting to know where we go. The weather looks pretty crappy in general, so there may not be too much going on at the moment. We find it hard to start walking in the rain, but if it happens while we're out there it's not so bad.
218 comments
211–218 of 218

It's pay for the next person up there to pack some rat poison. There didn't appear to be too much damage, the food was still there. The helicopter pad was a fine campsite in my Olympus tent. It got the evening sun though a breeze from the east made it a tad cold. We went up to the hut then and lit the fire. Once snug in a sleeping bag in the tent it was fine. I saw the map inthe wall though it was very faded and difficult to work out. I got the impression from that that the track went parallel to the NS track and intesected with the Wairere Falls track. The turn off by the way was at a yellow plastic triangle about 100m down from the first view point when you hit the ridge.
Will probly do the manawatu gorge track on saturday then Stanfield hut on sunday if the weather permits. Need to get back into it after the winter, feeling abit lazy and now that calving's starting I wont have much time to do any tramping. At least i've got every 2nd weekend off to do abit
My boy thought he would be cunning and offered to walk next tuesday and wedensday not expecting me to say yes. Back to Pahautea on Pirongia haven't been there for a year so im looking forward to it.
went for a walk up the puniho track and back today, was very wet, was interesting to see the massive flood damage, a good walk to stetch the legs after yesterdays mountain run up the razorback to tahurangi lodge and down the puffer!
was going to go to cattle creek hut but got to stanfield and decided just to stay there for the night coz the weather wasnt looing to flash. Come back down today and did abit of a walk on the gorge track with the other half then come home and went for a couple of k ride and now home again
Walked the Mahaukura Tirohanga loop on Pirongia over the last two days. Had a great trip if a bit wet and cold unfortunately the fog was down so the views obscured but fun none the less.
How was the hut? My last trip up there was very, very saddening - hut an utter tip, yucky yuck, cutting gang had it resembling a particularly messy and petulant 15 year old boy's cesspit.
The huts a favourite of mine and im pleased to say in probably better condition than any hut ive been in in the last two years. Like you i would have been disappointed to see it any other way. the surrounding tracks are well cleared however.
211–218 of 218

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Tramping partners
Started by Tracking
On 4 July 2008
Replies 217
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown