Tramping in March.......interested?

Anyone interested in a couple of weeks tramping in March? Will be over from Oz to do Rees-Dart and/or anything else in and around this area. Wouldn't mind some company if you have the time? Please get in touch if you're interested.
52 comments
41–50 of 52

We'll be finished the Rees-Dart on the 9th and will be back in Queenstown by then. The plans are to then go on and do something esle. possibly the Routburn, if your still around QT by then you're more than welcome to join us.
Is there anyone else interested in tramping the Rees-Dart from 4th March, followed by the Routeburn or any other track around that area afterwards? Archiven are you still going to be around QT about that time? Melissa on Tour, are you still interested in joining us atall? The offer of a lift from Christchurch to QT is still available should anyone be in CC on Sunday 1st March.
Hi Everyone I want to do the cascade saddle route to start from glenorchy around 10th of march and don't want to be alone for safety reasons Anyone interested? Norm? Cheers Achi
Hi Archi We will be finished the Rees-Dart by then, are you still interested in doing this track, starting on the 4th from QT?
Hi Norm I still don't know exact dates, might be that this dates will be good, and maybe they will be too early for me, i'll see when we get closer Anyway, is the Cascade Saddle relevant for you after you finish the Rees-Dart? Achi
I think some of the others want to do the Routeburn after the Rees-Dart. Not sure where the rest want to go. Wouldn't mind doing the Routeburn myself as I have to fly back to Oz on the 14th March
Hi Norm, I think i will be interested in the Routeburn after as well. If anyone is interested I will be in Nz all March and April and hope to bang out some of the great walks, unless people have good suggestions otherwise. Norm is it ok to grab a lift with you from Christchurch? and if so where and when in christchurch will you be? Are you booking accommodation in Oamarua and Queenstown?
Hi Jon We arrive in CC at 13.50 from Sydney on flight JQ 143 and will pick up the car at the airport at about 14.30 (Omega car rentals). We're also picking up Alix as well, I think, just waiting to hear back from her as to where's a good place to meet. So we're flexible, anywhere any time is fine for us, just pick a spot. Haven't booked anything as yet for Oamaru but I know there's a backpackers there so shouldn't be aproblem, but open to suggestions. Have booked a couple of nights at Aspen Lodge in QT, think there's still room available Look forward to catching up soon
Hi Norm, Have just picked up a hire car on long term from shoestring car rentals. Do you and Alix want a lift to Queenstown? I will be driving to Queenstown but not back to Christchurch at the end of the walks. Let me know if I don't hear from you, I will assume you are making your own way and will meet you in Queenstown pig and whistle on the 2nd at 14:00. Am staying at the Hippo lodge. Cheers Jon
Thanks Jon but we're OK for transport. I have used Shoestring myself and they're quite good, pretty cheap and the cars are in good nick. Will meet you in QT soon Stay safe Norm
41–50 of 52

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Tramping partners
Started by normclimb
On 13 January 2009
Replies 51
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown