Shuttles for Kahurangi

1–10 of 22

Advice on transport/shuttles for 2 trampers flying in to Nelson Airport and wanting to explore Mt Arthur, Mt Owen and Nelson Lakes March 2009.
Can't help with shuttles advice but am a local who lives 45min from Nelson lakes and approx. an hour from both Arthur and Owen (have done all three treks).Depending on dates of arrival at airport I can help out, my lady travels to the city everyday.I can give you a ride to your destinations if required if shuttles don't come through for you especially if you are looking to do your transporting on weekends.If need any imfo. on the above tramps don't hesitate to ask.
Many thanks macca, we will be in touch
Sounds like you are sorted but if there is a problem I used Nelson Lakes Shuttles (http://www.totaltravel.co.nz/link.asp?fid=576279) and found them great.
Nelson lakes Shuttles the bestest. I've tried two cos. These guys went way beyond my expectations - gave us $$ voucher, photos, emails. Recommended.
Also, K Bus are very handy in that region and have scheduled runs. Nelson Lakes Shuttles are fabulous but minimum fees apply so you need to share with others to keep it cheap.
We found Heaphy Track Help great too. Derry Kingston dropped us at the start of the Track to Flora hut and took our car to the end of the Wangapeka for less than it would have cost us to bus. It was great to walk out to our own car.
Hello Macca, It is good to have someone like you around the forum. I will revisit NZ late this year; but this time fly to ChCh. Plan to do walks around your area. Have done Abel Tasman Coast Track (possibly will do it again), Heaphy Track and Travers-Sabine Cicuit. My wish list for this visit includes: Waiau River-East Matakitaki Circuit via Moss Pass and Three Tarn Pass Route (still not sure about the tramping route conditions??), Leslie-Karamea-Wangapeka Track and 1000 Acre Plateau. May I contact you if public transport is a concern? The Yellow House PB staff in St.Arnaud were excellent.
When you have finished the Heaphy Track and you arrive at Kohaihai shelter, use the telephone in the wooden box, call Rongo Backpackers for a pick up, reasonable price, delivered to a chilled out hostel to recover and relax, trek express and nelson lakes shuttles will pick up from here if arranged. Check out rongobackpackers.com, the transport is a new service (03)7826667 on demand, please carpool. peace
Anytime Dztramping, if I can help out with imformation on your planned tramps or assist with transport don't hesitate to ask.Picked up Kokako and friend from 9 day tramp at Flora on weekend gone and am willing to help out if needed.(will be out of country from late July to early November).Your choice of tramps are great ones and you won't be dissappointed with them.
1–10 of 22

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum The campfire
Started by Kokako
On 7 August 2008
Replies 21
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown