Route description

1–10 of 11

Hi! I just posted my first track, the Manapouri Circle Track, and so far all went well... but now I notice the Route description is not shown. But I'm sure it was there earlier :S Any idea what went wrong? does it have to do with uploading the GPX file? I'll try to get the commas out of the tags now *oops* :) Frauke
it gives me the options of "merge" and "publish" when I want to edit... I'm confused!
The "Route Outline" box doesnt work, for some reason. If you want to write a description of the track as if you were walking on it then you have to type this in the "Track Notes" box. I have Copied and Pasted your description for you :-) When you Edit a page you want to click on "Publish" to save the changes. "Merge" will let you combine two different articles into one.
thank you :)
another question about the same track: why doesnt it show the walked route in the map of the GPS data like it does in other maps? I might have messed up something when I extracted the circle track out of the mess of others that where in the GPS file, but I havnt found the fault so far.
I wondered that myself. The GPX file looks fine when I downloaded it. What software did you use to create the GPX? I know there are different flavours of GPX file so maybe your one is not compatible. I have resaved your file in Mapsource, which is what I use, and was going to reload it but I see that GPX files are private and I don't get an edit button. If you tell me your email address by private mail I will send you this GPX so you can try reloading that and see if it works.
Ah yes, just looked at your file in notepad (gpx files are just text files) and it says created in GPSBabel. When I save it in Mapsource it is a larger file with quite a different layout. That will be the problem. I will send you my file to load as soon as I get your email address. Unless you have Mapsource yourself in which case you can do what I did.
I download the file with GPS Babel and then tinker around in it in a normal text editor, same I use for html. After all it is just a type of XML code. I tested the file in Google Earth and it was fine. There are not many free programs for Mac, I will try to get my hands on Joomla (or something like) that again then I can also merge gps tracks after walking them several times, which gives a more exact track. I'll message you my email.
currently I cant get on the site to exchange the gpx files. I dont know yet if it is due to my buggy connection or not. I will try again in the morning.
it worked now and it finally shows the route on the map! I'll have to sit down with a big cup of coffee and try to find out the difference in the files. thanks pmcke for your help :)
1–10 of 11

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum This website
Started by Frauke
On 5 December 2010
Replies 10
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown