Stand by, stand by.....

High team! Merry Christmas and all that jazz. Hope you're having a cracker of a festive season! I've been a bit absent recently, but for a reason.... Firstly, I just went back to Oz for 9 days over Christmas. First time since I moved to NZ 13th April, 2014. Was great catching up with the fam, getting accidentally bitten by my brother's dog wasn't fantastic, but no big deal. Although I suspect I'm due a tetanus shot... And having sweat running down the crack of my arse like Niagra sucked! Not to mention being grateful I didn't hit any of the 10 kangaroos I saw early in the morning, or snake on the road in the evening. (Have I ever mentioned that I really don't miss seeing snakes on a regular basis)? Not one moment on the way to or in Oz did I feel like I was going/was "home". It's only when flying back to NZ did I know I was coming home. Anyway, the other reason I've been scarce is job hunting. This year I spent too much time in a manager's role behind a computer screen, and not enough time actually guiding. So I was away on a sort-of job interview. Met Scottie in Wellington as a result, which was great! But that opportunity didn't pan out. However, I'm pleased to say that I have been offered a job in Fiordland with Real Journeys. 7 days on, 7 days off, working and living in Doubtful Sound. I start on the 9th of Jan, and CAN'T WAIT!!! So the title comes from standing by for increased stories of misadventure as I live and play in arguably NZ's greatest outdoor playground. I'm also considering a 3-month jaunt through South America in 2017, so if that comes to fruition, I shall have some interesting tales indeed! Considering we're just a couple of days away from a new year, what upcoming adventures are you looking forward to/do we get to look forward to reading about? An exciting year ahead awaits!

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum The campfire
Started by Kreig
On 30 December 2016
Replies 0
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown