searching for partner(s) to go bush with

Hi there! I'm a 28 year old male Kiwi citizen brought up in the UK and have recently returned to NZ. I'm looking for (a) partner(s) who have some bush experience to go tramping with and ideally do some fly-fishing with along the way. In exchange for teaching me some bush skills I can provide some fly-fishing tuition (non fishers, don't worry, this isn't like fishing from a boat or the shore and usually involves much more tramping than actual fishing!) I have transport and can get pretty much anywhere in the country. I'm in Rotorua right now but hope to make it to the South Island very shortly, but, saying that, I'll go wherever there is someone that wants to go bush from now until mid-July. Hope to hear back soon! Happy tramping :-)
G'day jsr, I'm in Gisborne, 30 y/o bloke I get out in the bush a bit, I'm an ok fly fisherman but I'd be keen to have a mate to go bush with. I've just been through the upper ruakituri which was full of massive rainbows and is hardly ever fished, I think you'd enjoy it. When I go into the hills I usually walk pretty decent days so it would help if you're pretty fit but that's all I really hope for in a tramping partner, apart from that all the bush skills are easy enough to learn. Mike
Hi I've moved to Rotorua recently and am keen to get to know people here around my age to go tramping with - I'm a 24 year-old female, really into anything in the outdoors though I've never tried flyfishing! :)
Cool. Thanks mikeb, zombiefrog! I'll defo look you up next time I'm up on the NI, but, alas, I'm in Christchurch now, much sooner than I expected :-( Please private message me your email addresses (if possible) otherwise I guess the only way is to post them disguised somehow. Anyone around in the Christchurch area up for the same?
Might be going on a tramp / fly fish shortly before the season ends. Maybe up the goulter but the trip has not been worth the effort my last few times. Might be heading into Lake Daniels for a flick also.
G'day militaris, Sounds like a plan! When exactly are you thinking of going? I am jeremy dot reeve1 at gmail dot com.
Would have to be before the end of April, So maybe the 24th and 25th.

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Tramping partners
Started by jsr__
On 1 April 2010
Replies 6
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown