Tramping around Queenstown, Wanaka, Otago area

Kia Ora! I am currently in Wanaka and i will be here for a while, looking for some company to do some tramps in the area! Will be great to be able to check out some of the beautiful views down south. Looking for any advice on tramping down here too! Feel free to text @ 022 6735970 Cheers! Jimbo
Hi, i am in Wanaka too, i am going to work a while here and i am looking for company for tramping too. I think that i will go for a 3 days hike from tomorrow (saturday) to monday. I don't know where yet!! I love hiking but i don't run... i like going easy and enjoy the landscape. If you want to come let me know. 0211285322 Juju
Hi Jimbo, The Matukituki valley is stunning, I strongly suggest heading up there before the snows arive (unless you like a challenge ;-) ). Likewise, I suggest checking out some of the tracks up the Haast road. The Brewster track with a climb to the glacier and/or Mt Armstrong is fantastic, and the Blue valley looks great though I havnt done that one yet. Gillespie Pass is another great track, but again do it before the snow comes. DoC Wanaka has a huge display with lots of information on the area, check it out.
Thank you so much Yarmoss! Appreciate all the tips and suggestions! =D Will find out much more at DoC! I just did the Mt Roy tramp! Spectacular views! =D Weekend is going to be great weather here in Wanaka or so the Metservice says so happy trampers, lets all meet up and be happy! Cheerio! Jimmy

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Tramping partners
Started by Trampytramper
On 24 March 2010
Replies 3
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown