Things you'd like to tell trampers from overseas

I'm following the forum for quite a while now. I'm about to set up a small business in Germany advising people on non-guided tramping in a few selected countries/regions including NZ. I'm trying to follow an integrated approach as much as possible so that my clients are fully prepared for what to expect when they go tramping. I'm interested to know from you: What are the most important things you would like to tell visitors from overseas who come to New Zealand for tramping? It can be in regard to safety, track etiquette and behaviour, experiences you have made or situations you have been in with international trampers or whatever you find important I should also let my clients know. I appreciate your feedback, thanks, Happy Easter Daniel PS: I know the articles about the basics, I am interested about your opinion.
71 comments
71–71 of 71

one question about the fallen German. Which way was he going. It may be that by the time he fell he had already achieved more than was left and then turning back would of been the less desireable option. Could easily been a case similar to the last crossing before the road end being flooded. Incentive and reward has a big impact on the evaluation of risk. Ive turned back at a first river crossing but at the time I did comment that had that been the last one I would of crossed. As it was it was 1.5 hours drive each way for a total of 20 minutes walking.
1 deleted post from raulielts
71–71 of 71

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Visiting New Zealand
Started by sidna
On 2 April 2015
Replies 70
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown