Tramping South Island between 2-10 January 2010

Hi everybody! 28,italian, female from the european alps:-) anybody planning a trip at the beginning of the year? Quite flexibel which trek...fit, entusiastic,have done some tramping when I was one year in NZ (2006)at home and in Iceland. Now I am just coming to visit some friends in NZ and to do some tramping. Karin
I'm doing the Travers Sabine Circuit but from 11-16 January. Contact me if that works for you.
I thoroughly recommend the Travers-Sabine circuit. I went over it in 2006, and followed the Mt Cedric route from Sabine Hut, to Lake Angelus Hut. Two hours steep track to bushline, then eases off, over Mount Cedric. I recommend the ascent of Mount Angelus, as a trampers peak, not really even a scramble. marvellous view point on a clear day
Just be aware that lake angelus hut has been removed and will not be open again until late march early april
unfortunately I only have time till the 13th.Afterwards I am heading up north, to a wedding! So anybody out there who I could join during the first 2 weeks???
Hi Karin, I'm in the Nelson area and am free on those dates if you fancied doing any tramps up this way. Andy
Hi Andy, Have you already done the Heaphy?? I know that some huts are already quite full. Do you have a tent? or any other idea around Nelson? I have my flight tomorrow..so I won't be able to write you back till the 1st. If you have a phone number in NZ please write me then I could contact you when I am in CHC. Karin
Hi Karin, No I've not done the Heaphy but have heard it is nice. I was thinking of doing the Queen Charlotte maybe in a week or so but am open to suggestion as I've not done much over here. I'm on 02102257749. If you are from the Alps I may not be as good on the hills as you but would try to keep up! I do have a lightweight tent over here. Andy
actually I am thinking of heading to Stewart Island and doing a trek there and maybe also the Humpridge... you are probably not flexible to jump to the South or? I have done already part of the Queen Charlotte 4 years ago and also Abel Tasman... so I would like to do something else these time... no worry about your fitness!! I am not a runner...:-)
no sorry I wouldn't be able to get down that far due to transport, I just checked flights and they're out of my price range at short notice! I'm having to keep it local for now. I'm doing some of the AT later in the month so was only thinking QC for the fun of it for now as well as day trips

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Tramping partners
Started by karinmittersteiner
On 24 December 2009
Replies 9
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown