Macpac Eclipse tent instructions

I have just been given one of these tents. Looks like it is in good condition but has no instructions. Does anyone have some instructions or know how to put up this tent without pulling your hair out ? Thanks Katherine
I've used one for 10 years, and used to sell them. Nothing prepared in writing but we could sort something. Good tents. Where are you?
from http://www.productreview.com.au/p/macpac-eclipse.html "Lay out the inner tent with crumple the outer fly on top; make sure the trough-tape (it holds the poles) is under the inner tent. Toss the 6 main pegs on the sides. Tap in the 6 pegs on the sides. Can't remember if you then thread the pole through (if you do just let the fly lay on the ground). then hook up the fly to the side pegs on one side only (e.g. left or right). make sure the pole is now in the holes in the through-tape - front and back. Raise the fly. Attach the other set of pegs. Undo all zips. lay in the tent and attach the inner to the outer. Tap in the back and maybe front pegs. The reason for laying the crumpled fly on the inner tent is to protect it from rain if needed. I can raise the tent in rain, wind and even a gale. i never use the guy ropes. Make sure you erect the tent at home and wet it to seal any imperfections before you first use it (even if you bought it 2nd hand). i usually store my tent hanging, to let it air, in an old doona cover. "
If the fabric has at all faded give it a reasonable pull diagonally to the weave in a few critical spots. These tents are nylon rather than polyester as it is stronger and lighter but it does suffer from sun damage. The fabric can look perfect but have no strength left if its had a lot of use.
Hi Katherine, This is how I put up my Eclipse singlehanded. Assuming the inner and the fly are stuck together. Thread the pole through the pole sleeve of the fly, making sure to capture the pole ends in the eyelets of the nylon webbing to form a hoop shape. Then align the tent floor to the campsite, then starting at one end of the tent peg out the tent inner placing the wings out at an angle so the short side of the floor is taut. Then peg out the other end of the inner tent, puling the long side of the floor out taut, again placing the wings out at an angle. Set the pole upright, then hook all the elastic loops of the fly over the pegs, adjust as necessary. Takes about 2 minutes with practice.
Thank you all very much for your help. I will have a go at putting it up tomorrow and let you know if I have any more questions.

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Gear talk
Started by K Blakeley
On 24 February 2015
Replies 5
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown