South Island April 2015

Going to be doing a tour of the South Island in April next year. Trips will include: - Mt Owen (Kahurangi) - Lake Angelus (Nelson Lakes) - Avalanche Peak (Arthurs Pass) - Mt Ollivier (Mt Cook) - Mt Armstrong (Mt Aspiring) - Routeburn (Mt Aspiring/Fiordland) - Lake Marian (Fiordland) Buddies for any of the trips or the tour welcome
Hi, I would probably be able to join you on the Mt Owen trip. Are you planning to go via Granity Pass hut? I have been up to the top but went a different route via Branch Creek Hut. I live in Wellington but originally from Nelson so can arrange transport. Also, maybe interested in Lake Angelus (was up that way yesterday).
Will be in the South Island march/april and would love to join for 1 or 2 of those climbs. I live in the mountains back home and would love to summit a couple NZ ones. I start the Milford Track April 18th but anytime before that I'm free. I'll have a car so super flexible, let me know!
Hi there, I'll arrive in Christchurch around March the 20th and from then on would love to explore the backcountry, and especially the mountains. Maybe we all or some of us could get in contact and compare our plans?
Sorry guys only just revisited this post now! Tony - Are you still interested in Mt Owen and or Lake Angelus? I am doing the Mt Owen trip from the Granity Pass end. Julie - I will have a have a car too so that makes it super easy. Were there any trips you are particularly interested in? Alex - My rough plans are as follows (March Dates) 28th - Ferry/Travel to Nelson - stay in tapawera before and after mt Owen 29th-31st - Mt Owen (April Dates) 1st-3rd - Lake Angelus - stay in Murchison after 4th - Travel to Greymouth via Westport possibly stay in Greymouth depending on time 5th -Travel to Arthurs Pass Village 6th - Avalanche Peak 7th - Travel to Lake Tekapo maybe on to Mt Cook Village depending on availability 8th-9th - Mueller Hut/Mt Ollivier 10th - Travel to Wanaka 11th - 13th - Explore Queenstown Lakes area After that I'm pretty tied down with doing stuff in Queenstown/Milford with family so happy to meet people but probably won't be overly flexible
Luke, Sounds like a great couple of weeks! I'm in Nelson now, just got to the South Island so thinking of going down the West Coast. I might be keen to meet you back up here for the first one and see how it goes, either continue on the mountain circuit or wave the flag. If not the beginning ones, it would probably work best to possibly meet you on Arthurs Pass Village. Although, my birthday is April 2nd so I'm thinking a good tramp should be in order! Will let you know as my travels get rolling, but I would love to join for at least one adventure, sounds awesome!
Julie16 - Don't forget the dehydrated cake mix.
Sorry for the delay in replying. I will be in Nelson around the 31st March. So if your plans haven't changed can do the Angelus trip.
Julie - Would be great to tramp with you somewhere. Just keep me posted where you are and I'm sure we can sort something! Tony - Doing Angelus sounds awesome! I've done a lot in the Tararuas too so would be good to compare stories! Just so you are aware I am planning to do it the long way (Mt Robert Carpark-Lake Angelus Hut-Coldwater-Mt Robert Carpark, staying at Lake Angelus on the first night and Coldwater the second) Here's a link to my Facebook page, feel free to message me on there. https://www.facebook.com/luke.vansoest

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Tramping partners
Started by Luke van Soest
On 19 November 2014
Replies 8
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown