Abel Tasman Coast Track 14-18 Dec09

Hi, my name is Marianna, I am 32 years old and well experienced in trekking. In the days 14-18 December I will do the Abel Tasman trek. I have already booked the lodges: is there anybody who will do this trek in those days?I will then stay until the 6 January in New Zealand but I have no further plan: any suggestion for a nice trek with not too many people and no need to book in advance?Hope to receive some message. Have a nice weekend.
Hi Marianna, My name is Gavin and I'm not well experienced in trekking - having done day walks in the UK. However, I am over here to do some more serious walking and go along some of the tracks. So having somebody to walk with would be ideal. Currently I am not sure of my plans but if you would like to have me along (assuming there are places still available) then I may be up for this trek, Gavin
Hi Gavin, let's keep in contact. I will be traveling for work in the next 10 days so it can be that I will not read often this forum. Anyway if you want to do the same trek be aware that it is a great walk so you need to book the lodges in advance. And the Abel tasman trek seems to be an easy trek so it should be no problem even if you have not too much experience. Marianna
Hi Marianna, Thats good - I wasn't sure what difficulty level it was and wanted to check before committing. I'll have a look at the availability of passes and also think about my travelling plans. I have a car now and so I'm mobile but I don;t want to be back and forth between the islands too often. However, I may spend another week in the north and then head south so that would work out OK. I will let you know what happens - I guess if you are doing the walk anyway if I am there I am there and if I am not I am not - but it is on my 'todo' list so perhaps I should jump at the opportunity. Anyway, I will keep you up to date with my progress, Gavin
Hi gavin, next Thursday I am finally flying to NZ. I should arrive in Nelson on Saturday the 12th and stay there the 13th. So let here a message if you are still interested in the trekking so that we can eventually meet. Marianna

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Tramping partners
Started by janneke
On 22 November 2009
Replies 4
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown