Hydration Pack vs Bottle

So I have had both. Started off with a bottle which was good. The I brought a 2L hydration bladder which was 20 bucks just to look good. I used it on a lot of trips and Mountain Biking about 15-20 until going into Ironbark hut in the Ruahine ranges it started to bloody well leak. I was pissed off but it snowed coming out so I wasn't short for water LOL. I am buying another Hydration Bladder and I have always wrapped them in newspaper and a couple of plastic bags. So what do you use I think the bladder is good as you can fold it down to noting and i keep mine in the freezer when not using It is good as it doesn't go moldy only if you use juice Cheers Matt www.lewis-matt-tramping.weebly.com www.youtube.com/lewismatttramping NEW VIDS AND TRIP REPORTS TO COME
23 comments
21–23 of 23

I use a 3L Camelbak - it has to be a good brand otherwise you will get leaks. When you get home you can put the bladder on a hanger to dry out or put it in the freezer if you want to avoid green growth between trips.
you can get all the cleaning gear in a home brew shop for half the genuine items price.
I carry both a 3l bladder and a 2l water bottle, actual water carried does depend to the route taken. The bladder is brilliant for keeping hydrated on those long summer routes along the tops. I've have had several Platypus and Camelbaks over the years and all have developed leaks and/or mold over time despite the best of care. I believe the best on the market today are actually the Kathmandu bladders. I've used one for over 4 years and it's still going strong.
21–23 of 23

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Gear talk
Started by matt the morepork
On 12 November 2009
Replies 22
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown