Ruahines from the East?

Hey all, I'm working in Takapau, north of Dannevirke, Central Hawke's Bay and generally up for the weekend warrior thing. Unfortunately I do only have weekends until April, however I'm a keen tramper (26, Canadian beekeeper) and enjoy a bit of company if you're in the area. Would really appreciate some local expertise on the area and where to go, but of course any company is better than none. Get an idea of what I do at www.touristiko.com - no NZ pics yet. Give me a shout. Dan.
Hows it going mate? I live just down in dannevirke and am a pretty keen tramper myself, If your down this way standfeild and the a frame is a good loop track to do. Im hoping to get up to kiritaki hut this weekend just for a day trip weather permitting. its just on the other side of dannevirke up fairbrother rd, if your down this way or im up that way (did longview to daphne hut last weekend) Give me a bell on 027 391 8755 am allways keen for meeting new people
Hey, that sounds sweet. I'm thinking of just heading up to Sunrise for a night on Saturday, maybe pushing on further to Top Maropea if it's hospitable, heading back to Sunrise if it's not... I've got a ride up Wakarara road, as i'm carless at the moment, so I'll definitely be heading up that way - you interested? The weather looks good considering what it's been.
Yea ive been wanting to do those huts up that way but cant do an overnighter this weekend sorry have got plans saturday. Ive heard that tramp up to top maropea is really good but havnt done it yet. cheers though
I will post some pictures, for sure. I'm keen to do Longview and then some, but you've just done that one in the snow. We'll see, I'm sure we can work something out - there are alot of options out of Norsewood...
Yea I never actually got to long view hut, was only 10 minutes from it. Got about 1 more climb away from the hut and then the club I was with wanted to drop down out of the wind so bush bashed down to moorcock river and followed that out, was gutted lol wanted another hut done. But yea Im keen to get out and do a few more around the place, seems like a waste not to

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Tramping partners
Started by touristiko
On 17 October 2009
Replies 5
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown