can't post a large message

1–10 of 15

wrote a large post , try to submit it and the page just loops back to the same screen with the composition screen contains 25 lines of text, no error message
Ive been having a problem the last few days as well but not post size. A reply this long just wont post but copy it go back to the home page then into the same thread paste the reply and post and it works. When it fails the page refreshes as normal but the reply is still in the reply box waiting to go.
1 deleted post from matthew
Hey @Matthew. Dunno if it's related, but when I failed to post a response to http://tramper.co.nz/?editmessageform=NEW&view=topic&id=3736&offset=51 I can see it's passed the entire text as a GET parameter in the URL, as "subject=blah blah blah". Should this actually be submitting as POST, and maybe with the text as something other than subject?
Thanks for the leads. I'm confused that some posts work while others don't. If anybody finds a way to replicate this reliably do let me know. Otherwise, I'll pretty much tear the lot down and refactor it.
Welll.... the situation where it kept happening for me was when I clicked the Page 6 link from the start of the thread, to jump to the end of the thread. (Maybe it was the page 5 link from the top-level Forums page, which goes to page 6 anyway due to another bug that was reported earlier... not sure if that's significant for reproducing this one.) From there, if I tried to post, the page would appear to reload with my text still in the main edit box, and no comment posted, and with all that comment in the URL as I described. I was able to post with @geeves' suggestion -- returning to the home page of the website, clicking on the thread link (which I think took me to the final page), then entering and submitting a comment.
Good thing about that is that I was blaming my pc
yea me too, I was blaming safari..
Still trying to figure this out. I think it's that if there's a messageId= parameter in the URL (like from the front page) then it's possible to post longer replies. If there's an offset= parameter (like when clicking a page number conversation) then it doesn't seem to be.
Hi, if you're still having this problem, can you please let me know what browser you're using? Also let me know if it's an up to date version. Thanks.
Hi @Matthew. I'm not sure from what you've said if you've looked at it at all. I haven't tried to post any large comments for a while, but I'll add lots of junk to the end of this one to see what happens. Another symptom of the problem, if it leads to anything, is that after failing to reply in a thread I was seeing my password in the URL bar in clear-text. For the record I'm usually using Firefox on Windows, currently 30.0 which should be almost up-to-date although I can see it now wants to update to 31.0 as soon as I let it happen. junk junk junk junk junk junk junk junk junk junk junk [--snip--] junk junk junk junk junk junk
1–10 of 15

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum This website
Started by waynowski
On 21 June 2014
Replies 14
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown