Who's where in March 2010?

Hi All - I'm back! I spent a month on the South Island in April of this year. Had a phenomenal time. Completed Avalanche Peak/Crow River, Greenstone Caples, Rees Dart and Mueller Hut. Oh, and I summited Mt John near Tekepo (LoLz... That was an arduous 20 minute ascent... Conditions were great though and by conditions I mean the coffee at the summit cafe!) I'm contemplating heading back in March 2010. It will be my third trip to NZ and I am considering pushing further South this time. First trip I did the top of the SI, second, the middle, so naturally the third I will complete the SI by doing the South. Thinking the Dusky and Hollyford. Anybody out there contemplating the same? Cheers Paul
Hi Paul,i will be walking the Hollyford starting on the 19-3-10 i will be staying at Gunns Camp on the 18-3-2010,i will be walking both ways as i seem to love pain Lindsay
Hi Lindsay and Paul. We will be walking the Hollyford, starting 11th March. I hadn't heard back from you Lindsay, or didn't I email you - another senior moment! We (Kate and I)will try to get the jet boat back to save 2 or 3 days of walking. This will be our 7th trip to NZ, says a lot. Cheers, Peter.
Hi All I'm planning to return to NZ in Feb/Mar 2010,my 8th annual visit from the uk. I have done quite a lot of tracks now and adding the Hollyford would suit me fine. This year I did the Rees-Dart in march with five others from this site and had a great time. David

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Tramping partners
Started by pjg084
On 15 July 2009
Replies 3
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown