Tramping in July 09

I am an english female wishing to undertake winter walks/tramps in NZ, between July and August 09, and perhaps of bit of ski-ing. I am reasonably fit and have winter walking & (bit) of climbing experience in the UK and Europe (Alps). I am fairly adventurous and would never turn down a challenge.Ideally I would like to find people to tramp/ski/kyak/explore and generally adventure with, in their late30s/40s, but hey we`ll see! I have done quite a bit of travelling in the last couple of yearsand this is my last `big trip` before going back to work in November!
Hi Sara, are you thinking of the North Island as well as the south, and will you be passing through Auckland at all? Lisa
Hi Lisa, Yes I certainly will. I fly into Auckland, and have a few folk to catch up with in North Island. I`ve been checking out some of the North Island tramps too! What are you thinking? Sara
Hi - I am looking to get out and about at the end of Aug/beg of sept. Either tramping and/or a bit of snow boarding if conditions allow. Will you or anyone else be around then and fancy joining me. Pete
Two of us have a six day snowshoeing trip planned for early august from Cromwell to Wanaka. There are a couple of huts available but we expect to tent it and use natural shelters where possible. Three days into it we will walk into the Snow Farm and take advantage of their facilities to do some classic skiing. They have a Snow Park too for boarders and downhill skiers. Kathryn and i are 35 and 45 respectively. Perhaps you could link into our plans as there are several access points to the area and public transport is good.
Hi I'm a 28yr male from Nelson, into most outdoor activities especialy Tramping, Hunting & Sea Kayaking. I am a NZ Mountian Safety Council Bush 1 Instructor. Keen to do any adventures and happy to help others get into the outdoors.
I am heading onto South Island at the week end, and thinking of the Abel Tasmin a couple of days later. Care to join me?
Going to Lake Waikaremoana 24th - 26th July. Taking a group of people who are non-trampers so just doing some day walks. Accomodation is Camp Kaitawa near Tuai which has more beds than we need so if anyone wants some cheap accomodation, safe parking, maybe some help with track transfers, let me know.
Hey you still around nelson if so email me [Email address removed]

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Tramping partners
Started by sarae
On 8 June 2009
Replies 8
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown