Hut statuses?

Hi, Do you think it would be useful to add a status field for huts? It could have options such as: * Maintained * Maintained by community * Derilect * Removed And the removed ones would be marked very clearly so that people didn't miss that vital piece of information!
That sounds like a good idea, you could also add hut#1/hut#2/current hut because I've seen a few like that.
To your credit this site is very active and with the number of people using it as a source of travel information more accuracy (ie updated info on huts) is probably better.
Sounds good, in many cases the hut has been replaced. But it would be neat to be able to put in information about older (and replaced) huts, and be able to say you have bagged them. I went to Waiopehu hut in the 70's 80's and 90's, but it is now a complete new hut about 2kms further up the track. A lot of other huts and shelters are simply are just not there anymore. Or like Mountain House have been replaced with a shelter.
Hmm. How about simply adding separate records for huts that have been completely replaced? This would make it all the more important for them to be labelled clearly! They would need to be kept out of general search results, but that can be arranged. What statuses would be needed?
I agree, separate records, with either "Removed", "destroyed" or "replaced" in the Title. And then a link to the new hut if relevant in the information. I will put a record in for Waiopehu Hut and see how that goes.
Sounds good: a manual process of adding "removed"/"replaced" to the title works for me. Alternatively a status selection is fine but this needs to be appeded to the title or otherwise indicated in search results if the hut is no longer there. Don't like simply 'hiding' these huts in search results: a) how will we find them to find out they're removed b) likely to result in duplicate entries Reckon its better to list them and show clearly they no longer exist - the most important piece of info for anyone planning a trip there, surely.
I'll go and amend that Bluff Hut entry right away now that it's gone to the base of Steadman Spur!

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum This website
Started by matthew
On 24 May 2009
Replies 7
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown