Forum changes

Hi everybody, Following on from recent concerns, I would like to announce the following changes to the forums. 1) There is a new set of rules in place. You are welcome to provide feedback on these rules. 2) The new "Hide user" feature will remain. This means that you can hide all posts from a particular user. 3) The "Flag post" feature is changing. Currently, it works by assigning penalty points against individual posts. When a post accrues enough points, it disappears. Unfortunately, it is very hard to build a performant environment around this regime. In future, this feature will simply flag the post as requiring moderation. During the transition, some old flagged posts may become visible, but these are still flagged for review. 4) A new role of moderator will be made available to selected members. These members will be able to delete posts or penalise users for breaches of rules. 5) Branching of topics will be enabled, in order to manage topics wandering off-topic in a reasonable manner. These changes will be delivered over the next few weeks. Feedback welcome, but it will take a little time to get everything working well, so please bear with me. Matthew
20 comments
11–20 of 20

Matthew !!! Yeah. Big 'Ups' on the changes from Geeves & myself on this thread :)
some maybe having problems as they are still running things like xp as i am on this computer when sign inon the new one that has windows 8.1 i dont seam to have any problems just a bit of food for thought cheers mathew and thx for the changes
Hi @moose, what browser are you running on Windows XP? I will take a look. Also, perhaps let me know what kind of issue to look for.
I'm having display issues with Firefox running on Win7 (shortcut bar has disappeared - appears on LHS of screen briefly when loading, then goes)
Try clearing your browser cache. I seam to need to do it every time Matthew updates the website otherwise it all looks screwy. Its looking good now though.
Cache cleared, same problem.
Im running win7 and firefox29.0 and seems fine
All good now, just needed a restart. Like the new layout!
Get an error message "Unknown error from webpage" when trying to post a comment on photos. It happens with both Chrome & IE browsers. I tried clearing the cache but it still occurs. Any suggestions?
Hi @glennj, fixed. However I expect this needs a more thoroughgoing investigation as it keeps coming up. I'm on it.
11–20 of 20

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum This website
Started by matthew
On 26 March 2014
Replies 19
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown