Forum changes

1–10 of 20

Hi everybody, Following on from recent concerns, I would like to announce the following changes to the forums. 1) There is a new set of rules in place. You are welcome to provide feedback on these rules. 2) The new "Hide user" feature will remain. This means that you can hide all posts from a particular user. 3) The "Flag post" feature is changing. Currently, it works by assigning penalty points against individual posts. When a post accrues enough points, it disappears. Unfortunately, it is very hard to build a performant environment around this regime. In future, this feature will simply flag the post as requiring moderation. During the transition, some old flagged posts may become visible, but these are still flagged for review. 4) A new role of moderator will be made available to selected members. These members will be able to delete posts or penalise users for breaches of rules. 5) Branching of topics will be enabled, in order to manage topics wandering off-topic in a reasonable manner. These changes will be delivered over the next few weeks. Feedback welcome, but it will take a little time to get everything working well, so please bear with me. Matthew
1 deleted post from matthew
Whats happened to the reply box? Its now tiny (1/2 width) and very hard to paragraph.
Bit of a surprise to me this morning, too. But it seems to post okay ?. Cheers !.
Hmm. That was a "branched" reply. I see it changes the colour of the bracketing. Interesting to see how this is going to layer/progress.
Back on track ?.
Matthew ! I hit "reply" without the branching option, but it posts as if was part of the branched trail.
Hi I see some of you are having issues. These are all likely to be due to browser caching. Can you clear your caches? I can give instructions if you let me know your browser...
Ahh that fixed it. Thanks.
Whew !!! Websites looking pretty swish now !. I like the way your 'branching' system is working now too. Did someone hit the Hyperspace button ?!
hit the Hyperspace button Havnt found that yet but all the other buttons are there. I like the new layout
1 deleted post from Pro-active
1–10 of 20

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum This website
Started by matthew
On 26 March 2014
Replies 19
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown