Updates, March 2014

I rolled out these changes today. There are lots of little fixes here, plus some bigger changes down the bottom. * Restored line breaks to forums * Address user profile authentication error * Restore colour coding when comparing revisions * Fix problem with apostrophes in point selector (locations with points would not work) * Add water details for huts and campsites * Fix the default campsite category * Add new hut categories: Derelict hut, Overnight use prohibited, and Club hut * Add new hut owners: NZDA * Add hut "removed or destroyed" flag * Fix errors with alerts not showing * Change how alerts are displayed * Add track status for the Great Walks. I am currently testing this out, hence only the Great Walks are covered at the moment. It can be extended in future.
Looking good, Matthew. I just updated a hut with the new info and it worked well. I noticed there is an option for natural shelters now. Would you like some rock bivvys to be added under huts? I've visited a few over the last couple of summers which could be included.
Hi Yarmoss, Great to hear. Regarding natural shelters, yes that's the idea. Open to other people's thoughts on this though. I could split them off if that made sense. I'd suggest adding a few, then we can consider setting up a new object type that suits them better.
Neat. I like the option of them being included as they are "accommodation" options when tramping. The only problem I can think of is naming them as many aren't even shown on the topo maps, let alone named. I stayed at a good one in the Earnslaw Burn which is about 500m upriver on the true left from the official one shown on the topo map on the true right. It even had a name engraved on the wall, but I cant remember now what it was!

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum This website
Started by matthew
On 13 March 2014
Replies 3
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown