Freeze dried food in NZ

Can anyone recommend or advise on brands of pre-packed freeze-dried tramping food in New Zealand ( the Kind you just pour hot water into and eat out of the bag ) ? Since I'am coming from Europe, I guess I cannot bring such things into NZ, due to customs regulations. I remember some years ago in Tasmania i bought some in a green/orange package, which I believe came from New Zealand ( can't remember the Name, however ). The taste was quite good but I found them somewhat overpriced ( at least in Australia ). I need to pack 9 days of food for a solo trip of the Dusky track, so i want to save on weight & pack space by using These freeze-dried rations
15 comments
11–15 of 15

Hey real life spam bot, did you read the new rules?????? Adios Amegos
I'm going to let that pass, based on this: "Discussing and defending a particular product, service or brand where you are the owner of that product, service, or brand is acceptable if it is relevant to an ongoing conversation."
Unfortuanatly Im with Matski on this one. Dont worry it might never happen again. A username of freezedriedfood and every post from that poster is about freezedry food including his website which wholesales the stuff. I would be thinking a forum equivalent of "off with his head"
Oh...I see there are three posts, not one. That changes things. Deleted.

This thread branched to "Deleting posts" on . Explore the branch (8 messages).

Rebel Sport had a '50% off all camping gear' weekend late last year, and it included BCC stuff. I will not need to buy any more BCC for a long, long time.
11–15 of 15

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Food
Started by Tombo
On 5 December 2013
Replies 14
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown