Tramping Partners - April 09

1–10 of 19

Hi All. I will be in NZ all of April and intend to do the following tramps. + Harman Pass Route (near Arthur's Pass) + Rees Dart inc. Cascade Saddle + Mueller Hut I'd be great to have some company. Let me know if you're interested. Oh, and a little about myself. I'm 24. I live in Australia. I've tramped in NZ once before (I did the Travers Sabine and Queen Charlotte). I'm quite fit. Love the outdoors. I'm a mad keen photographer - hence my adoration for the outdoors, I suppose. Cheers Paul
Hi Paul, i'm interested in walking the Rees Dart. Will be in nz from march on. livin' in oz as well.
Hi You will appreciate the Rees Dart, a great tramp, which we did in 2005. I believe the Cascade Saddle is pretty demanding, but haven't done it. Mueller Hut (see posts on Mueller Hut) is also great, but quite demanding for old people like us but not for you younger guys. The weather is the tricky part, as usual in the mountains. You really should stay overnight, but take everything warm that you have. Enjoy.
Hey Paul, very keen to join up with 1 or more of your trip if you are still looking for tramping partners. I am also an Australian, heading over to new zealand for 5 weeks from 21st March until approximately 25th of April. I'm also 24, have not tramped in nz before, but reasonably fit and love the outdoors.
Hey Emily - Absolutely interested. What are your plans? Have you set out a game plan yet? Mine has changed a bit. :) Paul
Hi there, would be interesting to hear about your plans. I'm 25 and from Germany. I have spend the last 1.5 years in nz and australia. Did a couple of hike in nz and a few in australia. I will be around Wanaka from the 10th april. Anika
Hey Paul and Anika, I am planning on flying into Christchurch and spending most of my time in and around the south island, and heading up to the Marloborough region at the end and crossing over to the north island to fly out of Wellington. Unsure about which trips I would like to do, as have not tramped in nz before. I have just been doing some reading to try and get a feel for the place, so any recommendations would be appreciated. How about you? Emily
Well this is my rough itinerary: 4-5th - Avalanche Peak/Crow River 9-12th - Rees/Dart into Cascade Saddle 14-17th - Motatapu Track 22-24th - Mueller Hut + Mt Oliver
Hi, I am planning on doing the Motatapu between 12 - 15 April, Wanaka to Arrowtown. I arrive in the area on the Friday and will be camping at Glenorchy. If that date range suits anybody can you let me know pleae. At this stage I am looking at going solo but would prefer the safety of numbers. I will have an EPIRB in any case.
hey paul, i would be keen to join you possibly for both rees dart into cascade saddle and the motatapu track. Do you think you would be able to work your dates in with allans at all to get a group going? emily
1–10 of 19

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Tramping partners
Started by pjg084
On 23 January 2009
Replies 18
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown