Advertising

Hi everybody, Just thought I'd give you an update on advertising here on this site in case you are interested. Ad revenues are up 65% over last month and are currently covering 55% of the hosting costs, which is good progress. My policy on ads is to only block the most egregious ones. So far, these are: * "weird old tips" * meat * the worst of the dating sites * astrology * gambling I would love to simply remove all ads that weren't strictly on topic, but the fact is that these ads pay (some of) the bills. Indeed, dating sites are 40% of the ad revenues! If there are any ads that you really have a problem with, do let me know. Just bear in mind that the ones that are appearing are probably the ones that are generating the highest revenues.
Haha, I read this post and thought "there are ads on here?" and went looking for them. Sure enough there are. Don't worry advertisers, I'm sure I've been subliminally taking note of them :-)
1 deleted post from geeves
Just looked at what I wrote before and now made it make sense Are they click through or plain fee per view? I cant see the adds currently there causing an issue to anyone. I dont even see them most of the time even with adblock and flashblock disabled on this site
In a way it's good to hear you might not be noticing the ads as that indicates they're not too obtrusive. The ads are pay per click. Revenue is only generated by clicks. Having said that, don't click just to generate revenues! I'm not worried about people using ad blocking software. If everybody did then I would need to review revenue options. This post was merely to give you some insight, as the advertising is definitely a compromise.

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum This website
Started by matthew
On 1 May 2013
Replies 3
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown