Macpac Microlight Tent

How are these tent's in heavy rain, do they stay dry when you get in, Is condensation an issue with these tent's any thoughts suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks
no condensation issues, cant say about heavy rain, cause thy are straight wall tents, if its windy the walls could bang together passing water to the inner, but thats just my observation looking at my tent.... i just got mine for fairer weather, i'e got tunnel tents for harsher weather since the tent walls in those don't tend to bang together...
Had Microlight tent for many years. But about 6 years ago I made the mistake of selling it to try out some other brands. Have tried 4 tents since then. I have not come across any others that have such a bomb proof floor & the angled interior of the microlight tent is so roomy for those gloomy days. Never had a problem with rain on entering/overnight or condensation, though I never had it out in strong winds. Had a MSR hubba which was great but without a footprint you had to be very careful where you pitched & the iterior was much more confined. The macpac has a smaller vestibule than others though I can live with that for the extra interior room. So, Im just waiting for macpac to have another sale & a new microlight will be gracing my tramping gear once again. Dont think you would regret buying a Microlight, but ofcoarse that is just my opinion...
I have had a Microlite for many years. Great tent. It is small so you have to get used to that. But there is enough room to lie down, cook and do all you need if you organise yourself right. One big advantage is that it is a robust tent with a small wind footprint. I would happily pitch it anywhere and know that it will stand up to the worst wind gusts. No problems ever with water coming in. It is also light enough to make it a no-brainer to chuck it in, just incase.
I bought a microlight from the second batch ever made, used it from coast to glacier, from here to the himalayas .... personal and professional trips ... tropics, deserts, westcoast rainstorms, very strong winds, winter snowfall. Its still going a quarter of a century later though I don't think the floor is as waterproof as it used to be. Its limitations are obvious enough but I find them easy to tolerate and work around when I consider the overall weight and versatility. I am a fan.

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Gear talk
Started by michaelb
On 8 November 2012
Replies 4
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown