Boots - Gore Tex or not ?

Whats everyones opinions on Gore Tex boots , seems the older trampers don't like them and the newer ones do . I personally have Bullers most of the time and Scarpa SL's for serious mountain tramping, they are not Gore Tex lined, but I love them and I have never had Gore Tex lined boots so would like to hear everyones opinions on them . Cheers .
56 comments
51–56 of 56

I am embarrassed to say that i cant believe i didn't do this earlier my old boots where well passed their use by date and i am very happy with my new scarpa's
yup you dont know what you're missing till you take the plunge... you dont realise how bad the old gear is till you finally replace it...
Like so many things newer is often cheaper and better. I percivered with an external frame hallmark pack for years then upgraded to a unknown name pack second hand that was brilliant for 3 years but time to upgrade and bought a new macpack previous years model half price and realised how uncomfortable the old pack was. The Hallmark was bought for $5 at a garage sale and sold on trademe for $20 The unknown pack had the name High Definition and had originally come from Italy I got it for $20 and sold it for $40 The Macpac is the 70l Torlese but its the model with the gear hooks and zip open front panel. The hooks are good but the panel just a waste of 2 good zips I paid $199 Who wants to offer me 400 for it. Only new pack Ive ever owned
I see the latest macpacs are using external frames again. Full circle. Look ideal for hookingup on supplejack...
yeah but its not like teh old external frames. the pack hugs closely to the frame. not much differnt to internal frames except some internal frame designs can be more flexible ...
K2 have always made a ridged external frame pack. One of the people I tramp with has a crook back and its the only pack he can use.
51–56 of 56

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Gear talk
Started by Gaiters
On 11 June 2012
Replies 55
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown