frogg toggs dri ducks

Hello :) Does anyone know or use the above gear its ultra light and sounds excellent made in the states I am waiting to hear if they can post to NZ I do not like gortex gear its too heavy I like the sound of layers and this stuff breathes I plan to buy a bigger size so I can layer
Dri Ducks ambassodore at large Honora will contact you shortly :)
Are you being funny Paul or does she own a franchise ? he he on the gortex debate a fellow mentioned backcountry.com just been their and the brands I want they are not allowed to send Any thoughts on what light weight wet weather gear youd reccomend
a small attempt at humour but Honora is a devotee you should email her direct she has some of this product.
will do ta :)
Winnie2 I've been using DryDucks for the last 18 months or so and found them great as they are cheap and very light (300gm for a full size L jacket/overtrou set) They made out of a thin Tyvek type material with a waterproof coating and are easily damaged on sharp branches etc. however but I just repair any holes with packing tape They were about US$15 (ex Amazon) but cost around NZ$30-35/set landed here so I would be keen to hear if there is a local supplier As for sizing I wouldn't order oversize as they are a very large baggy fit anyway, they seem to me to have been sized/shaped for a people who eat hamburgers 3 times a day cheers........skiveoff
thanks skiveoff especially re sizing shhhhhh is that how you cut down on weight :)
Regarding sizing: I'm 5ft 8" or 173cm and weigh 60kg (BMI of 20). I've got the large size so that it can fit over my winter grade down jacket. It is important to be aware that woodsmoke can munt the DWR on goretex so it's a good idea to wear the dri ducks around the campfire and spare your expensive gear. Also because the overtrousers are wide, this means if you walk uphill on a nice wet day in them, they won't catch on your knees as some overtrous do. The outer layer is 3 coats of polypropylene. The Tyvek has the consistency of brushed paper and is quite pleasant against your skin - not like those jackets with the slimey cold inner layer. I've used packing tape to fix large areas (bum sliding, duh) and en masse it serves to pull away the polypropylene from the Tyvek with its weight. I mend the holes and rips with leftover discarded nearly finished rolls of leucopore that my colleagues chuck out. Another reason to get the large fit is that if you read the blogs, the hamburger-munching fatboys bitch about the seams splitting when they attempt to squat.

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Gear talk
Started by winnie2
On 4 March 2012
Replies 7
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown