Tramping buddy (Chch)

Hi all, i'm a 21 year old male looking for new friends (ones that go outside) i've been hunting since i was about 6years old, i've done a outdoor course run through NZDA. Also into tramping/4x4. I usualy go out for 2-3days because i work, but longiest i've been in the bush is a week. Good at navigation, aswell as having alot of equipment. Looking for people around my age 18-26 preferably, but don't mind. Keen to do any sort of trip, flat/steep/muddy/wet/dry doesn't worry me. would love to get into mountain climbing, and explore outside of NZ Cheers Nick
Sigh...If only I was younger!
You're already in the perfect location(NZ)to start mountain climbing. Is it rock you want experience on? You'll also want to consider some experience on ice.
wanting to do a more experienced mountaineering course (glacier/ice/ropes). I've done abit of rock work during hunting trips, in Ben Mcleod and lake sumner area. Would love to go to Antarctica/arctic area, as my dads been there. Also had my eyes on the Himalayas for awhile. Something i'd like to do this year, is walk from Chch to Hokitika (3passes) But yea, i'd prefer experience on ice rather than rock. I eventually would like to get into dog search and rescue, and mountaineering would help me greatly.
Hi Nick, I'll be in Arthurs' Pass the weekend of March 17,18th (and the week before). That weekend I'm looking at doing an 'easy' mountaineering route (crampons, ice axe, no/minimal rope use, grade ~1+). Looking for a partner to do this with. This would either be a day trip or an overnighter. Note I'm Australian and 35, but don't hold either again me! Cheers, Brett
Mt Rolleston is grade 1+ . I guess there's the occasional slot to watch out for. Soft Rock might have current conditions of it on his site.
sent you a PM brett, cheers

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Tramping partners
Started by Nickcampbell
On 21 February 2012
Replies 6
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown