Kiwi looking for more experienced tramping buddy

Hey guys i am a 21 year old kiwi male . I am looking to get involved with more outdoor activities and just started hiking. I was wondering if there is anyone more experienced who would like to show me some good tracks around the Canterbury area. i am fit and enjoy a challenge so i am not afraid to be thrown in the deep end.
hey man, i'm 21 as well and from the states. Although I'm not really experienced i'm in the same situation as you and i'm looking to do some hikes in the Canterbury area in early february (im in nz from febuary 4th to february 26th). If you're keen it would be sweet to have someone to trek with.
Another way is to progressively upskill while doing solo trips. There's so much good imformation on the net now. The Backpacker zine has a good skills teaching section. On the more popular routes, you can meet and join up with solo trampers e.g. the NW circuit of Stewart Island where we have seen solo trampers pair up quite amicably. Just to give an example, my partner first did an impromptu Lake Daniels trip with another guy who also had never tramped, then went up the Andrews Gorge at Arthurs Pass to Hellelujah biv as a day trip with his brother and his third trip was over Penny Pass with his novice buddy. This is a rather steep progression!
not really experienced, but would like to go hiking a lot as well. 20 year old, so would be cool to find out some nice routes and have fun with this adventure. Going to do the Kepler and dusky soon, probably off-track in the routeburn/greenstone area (with experienced tramper) and keen for other tracks as well. If ur keen for something like this let me know. will be fun with more people! Cheers Micky 0226909786
Hey bro, i live in canterbury. ive been tramping/hunting for ~15years (since i was 6) ranging from 1-7day outtings. mainly do 3days. i do alot of trmaping in canty area aswell as down south/west coast/lewis pass area. Rescently climbed Mt rolleston (2275M) and now looking at Mt Tapuaenuku (2884m) and Gillespies range (4days)
2 deleted posts from Isabella8688

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Tramping partners
Started by lauridawg
On 22 January 2012
Replies 5
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown