Partner wanted for challenging tramps

Hello, I've just arrived in Christchurch and will be spending most of the next 6 weeks (to Feb 17) tramping on S Island. I'm intending doing a mixture of day and multi-day tramps and would like company especially when there are safety issues. I don't have an agenda yet but would like to include things like Cascade Saddle. I'm 42, quite experienced and very fit - see my profile for more info. I have a car and a tent. Cheers, Ian
Hi Ian, Checkout the post - Landsborough - Karangarua on this forum. It is a challenging trip. It doesn't take as long as I have allowed but bad weather can cause significant delays. If interested I can provide more details. [Email address removed] cheers Moirsmate
Gidday Ian, Maybe you and Phil ("Hell Mission") at Franz could team up? I see he has recently posted on this site looking for someone to do some tramps with. I'm out there pretty regularly but already have a small pool of tramping mates. However in early Feb I was contemplating a solo trip into the Waitaha as my regular tramping mate won't be available. If you are interested we could discuss a trip into the Waitaha for then. I'm a dozen years older than you but my fitness is ok & I've done a few challenging trips in the past.
@moirsmate, Thanks for the link. I've posted a reply in that thread. Ian
@glennj, I'd seen Phil's post but he was asking about easy tramps. I'm trying to arrange the longer/harder ones at the moment and will fit other thibgs around those. Early Feb might be possible. I'm looking into the option with moirsmate at the moment but don't think the dates are going to work. In that case, I'll be free after Feb 1. Cheers, Ian
Hi Ian, Im considering doing a tramp in the Arthurs Pass area from next Mon 23 Jan to Wed 25 Jan and need a buddy for safety reasons. Im looking at Carrington Hut night 1. Night 2 Waimakariri Falls Hut over Waimak Col and out down the Rolleston river. I will ring DOC and see if this tramp is ok without crampons and ice axe. Im 50 and experienced tramper and live out at Brighton beach in Chch.Are you interested?Al.so sent you this message by email Cheers Rob
Hi Rob, I've sent you a reply by email. Cheers, Ian

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Tramping partners
Started by scrambler2
On 4 January 2012
Replies 6
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown