Larrikins from Thousand Acre Plateau

Hey has anyone dropped off from anywhere on the Thousand Acre Plateau down to Larrikins? My friend and I spent ages scouting possible routes down this past week and didn't see anything reasonable although apparently there could be a route down from near Poor Petes... Any info galdly received for next time...
I guess you mean Larrikins Creek, not Larrikins Hut!
The old route used to drop straight down one of the two creeks west of Poor Pete's.I'll look up an old map. I haven't been down, but I have been up onto Misery Tablelands via leading long ridge from bottom of Larrikins Ck on TR. good going up spur then longish but easy sidle below the bluffs to a point where a tongue of easy bush pokes up onto the plateau by spot height 1085. This tongue shows up much better on the old inch to the mile map than topo50 ( come to think of it, so does Poor Pete's track !) Makes a nice roundabout sightseeing trip
Yes thanks for this Tony - after a good deal of looking at the map and Google earth we have concluded that dropping off to larrikins (Ck!_) from west of Poor Petes would be the best. My friend and I invesitgated tis on the way out from larrikins Hut and thought this would be good too. We picked out a tongue of very steep bush going all the way down to the creek...better than the slips or creeks now I am told...as the once open areas have grown over in many places to be a pigsty.

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Tracks, routes, and huts
Started by motors
On 22 December 2011
Replies 3
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown