Trekking partner for summer

1–10 of 12

Hey! My name is matthew, I am working the summer at Martins Bay on the hollyford Track. I have the greatest roster I've ever seen! Working 11 days at Martins Bay and then having 9 days off! So on my 9 days off I'm really keen to get out there and do some serious walking! I plan to walk from Martins Bay to Milford Sound via Kiapo and Harrison Vallies. Martins Bay to Haast. Martins Bay to West Matukituki Valley. Big Bay - Pyke Valley route. Basically I'm keen for anything that is challenging and interesting, unfortunatly the nature of fiordland and the wild places I plan to walk, going solo is probably not the greatest of ideas! So if anyone out there reading this likes the idea of some serious walking please contact me! Thannk you matthew
That is a great roster, my I ask what is your job?
Hey, I work at the Martins bay Lodge
hey, when exactely do you want to go? i'm from germany, spending 5 weeks in new zealand, and i'd love to do some tramping in the fjordlands. i'm experienced in hiking in general, but i've never seriously tramped in new zealand. let me know if you're interested! :)
hello just whenever I am on my time off I'll be keen to walk somewhere. Do you have any idea of where you want to trek?
When will you be wanting to do these walks? I am flying into Auckland on the 21st and will be in the Hamilton area with zero plans around Jan 3rd. I purposely made no plans so that I could go wherever the wind takes me while in NZ. I'd be down for the company if you're available.
hallo, I'm going to hike the dusky track an looking fore sombuddy to joine my after i did the pyke big bay /hollifort by my self. interestid?
Interested in having someone with on what I believe is the beach to young valley from the holly ford trail. This seems perfect for you as I could meet you at Martin bay. I am an experienced hiker and have hiked in nz before. I will be arriving on jan 1st in Christchurch and have to do some shopping but am going to try and leave the 2 or 3 and either hitch or find a ride to the mtns. I will be on the south island until the 30 th. hit me up if interested
We were once as far as John o'Groats saddle above the hut in the Kaipo. After walking Hollyford and the boat ride to Martins Bay and two days to the saddle,we got 100mm in several hours. We retreated to Kaipo hut to sit it out for two days and ended up calling a light plane to ferry the five of us out. Lucky there was an airfield a couple of k's from the hut. Have to finish that one still.
Hi, I'm living in Te Anau working at the DOC Visitor Centre . . I usually only have 2 days off on the trot but am keen to get out and about. I'm a bit out of shape right now but just starting to get back into it : ) I'm planing some 2 day outings into the Takitimu Mountains . . will do Dore Pass at some point. Am trying to figure out a trip to stewart island . . would be keen for the NW Circuit but it'd have to be april/may after I finish work for the season. Also friends and I are looking at the Dusky towards the end of april . . weather permitting. I'm keen for any adventures but am a bit limited by time off : (
1–10 of 12

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Tramping partners
Started by frodo
On 29 November 2011
Replies 11
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown