Trekking partner for summer

Hey! My name is matthew, I am working the summer at Martins Bay on the hollyford Track. I have the greatest roster I've ever seen! Working 11 days at Martins Bay and then having 9 days off! So on my 9 days off I'm really keen to get out there and do some serious walking! I plan to walk from Martins Bay to Milford Sound via Kiapo and Harrison Vallies. Martins Bay to Haast. Martins Bay to West Matukituki Valley. Big Bay - Pyke Valley route. Basically I'm keen for anything that is challenging and interesting, unfortunatly the nature of fiordland and the wild places I plan to walk, going solo is probably not the greatest of ideas! So if anyone out there reading this likes the idea of some serious walking please contact me! Thannk you matthew
12 comments
11–12 of 12

Hi, I'm visiting from Canasda...currently in Te Anau. Very interested in doing the Gertrude Saddle / Barrier Knob / Adelaide Basin / Moraine Creek trip (once the weather stabilizes! Sounds like you have a great job there! :)
hi Matthew, I'm looking for a travel partner to do the Pyke/Big bay route to loop the Hollyford track. I already heard that its quite rough tramping, so - although I consider myself experienced- I'm looking for company! I will be arriving at Gunns Camp around March 11th. Let me know if you want to join, or if you know of other people hiking the track at the same time (maybe there is a Pyke blackboard!) congrats to your job!! Sigi from Germany
11–12 of 12

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Tramping partners
Started by frodo
On 29 November 2011
Replies 11
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown