Coromandel Ranges/Moehau 5 day trek

Hi all, im looking for anyone out there that would like to join me on a bit of an expedition early next year. Im wanting to do quite a deep bush trek into the depths of the Coro Ranges, mainly around Mt Moehau end. It is partly for field research to look for signs of early pre Maori civilations and in particular, the Moehau, a hairy primitive tribe in the same genre group as North America's Sasquatch etc etc... I am looking at covering as much as humanly possible the circumference and height of Mt Moehau also. Im looking at making our way through the ranges in around 5 days. Anyone interested in Crytozoology and/or early man, or even just out for a fun and hopefully interesting tramp/camp out with new friends is invited. Reply here if youd like to know more or make contact. thanks, Mark
Hi Mark Your post sounds interesting! Thought it was a joke then found more information about it online. When were you thinking of doing it? January? Have you done a bit of tramping before? Cheers, Angelique
Just wondering if you went? Winter is not the best time to be up there, not to mention the peak and immediate area is tapu, a sacred area...
Just wondering if you went? Winter is not the best time to be up there, not to mention the peak and immediate area is tapu, a sacred area...
hi, no, havent done it yet. been having trouble finding people to come with me.

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Tramping partners
Started by BizarreNZ
On 17 July 2011
Replies 4
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown