Hooked Up?

Norm, get a tramping partner yet? When are you going?
Hi Peter I went in March and did the Travers-Sabine.....great tramp, beautiful country and well worth doing. Went alone but met some nice people on the track. I'm now looking at next year if you're interested...? How about you and Kate........all good I hope...?
Glad you enjoyed the tramp Norm. I have read that the grade is medium, which to me means hard. What is the track really like? Is there only one hut? Cheers.
Peter. The track is relativley easy, if you like tree roots that is, but the saddle is steep, especially coming down the scree slope, a real knee strainer. There are five huts, all in great condition (six if you do Blue Lake too) and it's just a fantastic tramp, really stunning country (but then again where in NZ isn't there stunning country?) Already planning next years tramp and also in the early stages of planning the Te Araroa, which I hope to start in 2012/13. How's your plans going?
Hi Peter and normclimb i am thinking about this track early next year Peter are you going to do this one as well
Normclimb where did you stay before the tramp IE: St Arnaud Lindsay
Don't have any NZ tramps planned or in mind next year, at this moment in time. Will let you guys know if that changes. Cheers.
Hi Lindsay. Yes stayed in St Arnaud at the Alpine Lodge, not cheap but got a good deal as it was mid week and not very busy. They also allow you to park your car in their staff car park. Much safer than the public car park by the lake. One car was stolen a couple of days before I got there, also a few get vandalised there too, as they do at the Mt Robert car park, or so I'm told. Word of advice to others: Take all necessary foodstuffs prior to getting to St Arnaud as there is only one small shop, quite expensive and limited stock.
I would like to walk the Gilespie pass track as well you need a tent as no Sibera hut till next year somtime which track do you think is the best,i have just finished the Rees Dart 3 weeks ago

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Tramping partners
Started by peter1945
On 14 April 2011
Replies 8
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown