What is it that people want to chat about?

I'm asking because there doesn't appear to be much chatting going on here in the forums. Would be nice to have a more active participation don't you think? Just asking the question!
49 comments
41–49 of 49

has everyone gotten sick of the forums?, i have noticed that there has not been too many entries lately. it is always interesting to see what other peoples opinions are. what has everybody been upto lately?i am looking at going to trains hut one weekend in the near future, has anybody been there?
Got any plans? I'm probably going to head into Arthur's Pass. Where is Trains Hut?
unfortunately i am on call for work for anzac weekend and am working on the saturday, which really sucks! trains hut is inland from waitotora in south taranaki, it is a small 6 or 8 bunker i think, where abouts in arthurs pass are you heading?
I have just gotten back from a trip around the westcoast... Did very little tramping or anything... mainly driving. Did a few short walks around Karamera. Did the first part of the Karamera gorge walk, and now I am keen to go the rest of the way to the hut and maybe even into the Wilderness area further upstream.
I got to the West Coast for the first time last summer. It was a road trip, so didn't to any tramping, but got to spend some time poking around places like the Denniston Incline, Cape Foulwind, etc. The Buller Gorge was stunning. I really fell in love with the place, fantastic scenery and a great feel to the place. Hoping to go back next summer with my boots and pack! Have you done much tramping down that way? I took a look at the Karamera Gorge in Google Earth - nice.
I have done very little tramping on the westcoast (outside of the Nelson lakes area). I did part of the Cape Foulwind walk at 10pm in the dark with little moon. The wide white limestone path makes it a safe night walk. Would be a great walk during a full moon.
I'd recommend the Fox River at Paparoa National Park and Welcome Flat Hot Pools south of Fox Glacier.
Yeah, it's a neat walk. You're right, it would look good during a full moon if the sea was calm, would be good views with moonlight over the sea. We were wondering why they called it Cape Foulwind - until we caught our first sniff of the seal colony!! ;-)
Hi all, I had been searching for a forum like this for months, and have now found it! I will visit daily and contribute to any item I can, if it is helpful, and ask about things I need to know for my next tramp in NZ which is next March. We (wife and brother and sister in law)will tramp the Greenstone, Hollyford and Caples in that order. I contribute to an English forum, after walking the Coast to Coast there last year, but they have re-vamped the site and now can't get on! Keeping in touch, Cheers, Peter.
41–49 of 49

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum The campfire
Started by normclimb
On 24 March 2008
Replies 48
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown