Updates in March 08

I really like the NZ Maps (beta). For the first time this allows you to view all the objects in the database in an area all together. However I can't work out the colour codes and also it seems that some objects come in at different zoom levels than others. How does that criteria work?
I should really have held that back until I worked on it some more, but I thought it was fun to play with. I'll be improving it. One annoyance at the moment is the expanding a balloon can cause the map to move, and thus require reloading the points (and the collapse of the balloon). More objects appear as you zoom in based on their ratings -- higher rated objects appear first. At present there is a cap of 20 points displaying at any time. That will be reviewed. The colours are as follows: Red: track Blue: article Green: photograph Orange: place Magenta: club Yellow: hut Light blue: GPX
Here is a summary of all the updates: The new NZ map allows you to browse the landscape, looking for points and clicking through to further information. There is a new hut photo gallery, for no better reason than that it is amusing to see lots of huts on one page. I have modified the structure of the menu, and moved some features off to the top right corner of the screen. The maximum photograph size has been increased from 500 x 500 to 1024 x 768, and you can now see the largest size by clicking directly on a photograph. Finally, several bugs caused by the major February update (which switched the site to WGS84 coordinates) have been addressed.
What happened the active forum threads on the front page? That was cool.
Removed inadvertantly. They'll be back.

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum This website
Started by pmcke
On 11 March 2008
Replies 4
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown