When is it best to buy new packs?

Hello, new to this forum (and the whole culture by the way), I'm gonna be buying some gear soon and I was wondering, what is the best time in New Zealand to catch some good prices? I'm just saying some basic packpack/sleeping bag and some other stuff... Cheers
This time of year is good, but after Christmas can be even better with the boxing day sales. Although, after boxing day sales can even be better again. In the current market conditions the larger chains look for any excuse to have a sale so they occur frequently. Basically, you should be looking for the following discounts. Kathmandu: 50% off MacPac: 30-50% off Bivouac: 20-40% off Mountain design: 20% off Just checked and Macpac currently has a 25-50% off their entire range which is good value and Bivouac has a fairly good sale going to. Also need to be noted, that Kathmandu typically over prices their gear much of the time. So 20% off at Bivouac is normally better value then 50% off at Kathmandu.
I'd say that you choose the pack you want first and then wait for the next sale on that product. There won't be a huge difference between various sale prices for the same item. The stores generally overcharge all the time and only bring their prices down to what they should be then call it a sale. It's a bit crazy.

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Gear talk
Started by Macarelo
On 6 December 2010
Replies 2
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown