Tramping, mostly SI, Oct./Nov./Dec.

Hi! I am searching for one or more tramping partner(s) for some tramping. I will try to make this search more precise, so it will be easier to respond to: About me: I am a girl in the beginning of my twenties, from Scandinavia. I have been here as an exchange student in NZ. I have been tramping quite a bit before, both in New Zealand and Norway. I am reasonably well equipped. I don't have a car :( but I don't mind public transport if it is possible... I have the following periods open for tramping, within which I am quite flexible: 24. Octoner - 2. November 9. November - 12. November 29. November - 18. December Some tramps I would like to do: - Heaphy - Rees-Dart Track - Tongariro Northern Circuit - A tramp in Nelson Lakes National Park - St. James Walkway - Something around Mavora Lakes ... And I am very open to other suggestions! If you think we could have a good time, and you also want to go tramping in the periods mentioned, let me hear from you. Cheers M. Christensen Ps. I would also really like to do a cycle trip in NZ, possible the Otago Rail Trail, Mavora Lakes or further north in Canterbury. I know it isn't tramping, but perhaps someone is keen...
Hi there,Im going to be around the Mt. Arthur area from the 23rd of October if you are interested in joining me.I will be there for a week going to places like Ellis Basin hut,Balloon Hut and the Tablelands.Im bringing my car over on the ferry,could meet you in Nelson?Just an idea anyway. All the best John
Hi there,Iam a 28 year old male living in otago.I have done quite a bit of tramping around otago,and am always looking for new places to explore,Im also thinking of doing the rees/dart sometime and am also reasonably flexible with dates.I live beside the otago central rail trail,so let me know if you are keen to cycle it and when as i have contacts along the trail.Look forward to hearing from you. Brendan
Hello, I am only able to do a weekend (maybe friday as well), but also happy to be a base/ give advise, I'm on couchsurfing and live in Nelson. Cheers Justin
RE: Tramping, mostly SI, Oct./Nov./Dec. Hi there, I'm finishing work here in Nelson on the 28th of Nov and I plan on doing some tramping over Dec and the Otago Rail Trail as well before starting a new job in Aussie. And I was looking for a tramping buddy too. Would be very keen to join you. Beats tramping by myself. I've got a car which we can use. I was also hoping to do the Heaphy, Routeburn, Rees-Dart, Milford etc. I'm a 25 year old Kiwi girl. Hope to hear back from you. Would love to have a chat about Norway cos thats a place I would love to visit. EeLyn
Hi everybody Thank you for the useful replies =) Sorry for not having replied before now, I've been studying fulltime :( But now I'm almost ready to get out of here! John, I will still have my nose in exam papers on the 23th unfortunately. Brendan and Justin, thank you very much for the offer of advise and help. So nice of you! I will definitely get back to you, as I will be in both of your areas within the next two months. Will send an email/message on CS when necessary. Eelyn: I will get in contact, because it sounds like we easily could make our plans match =) Again, thank you very, very much for all the help. It makes t a dream to travel alone in New Zealand, when people are so nice. I don't want to leave!
hello, i'm planning the CASS-LAGOON SADDLE TRAMP in the Craigieburn State Forest Park (christchurch > cass station) on the 2nd of december (2 to 3 days with hut or camping on route) this then leads down into arthurs pass village (or near abouts)and i will be then staying in the village for some day walks this will be my first tramp on arriving in nz for 2 months (dec/jan) you could join me for either option if you free/intrested etc! happy tramping.......colin (france) anyway,
Hey all, Evan here, 26 yo from the US. I'll be looking to do some tramping on the south island starting the 15th of December. I'll be starting in Nelson but willing to head down anywhere south, particularly Arthurs Pass or Mt Aspiring. Would be interested in a trip either before or after Christmas. cheers, Evan
Hello, I will be on the south island mid-January and all of February and am looking for a partner(s) to hike the following tracks: Heaphy Track Abel Tasman Coast Track Kepler Track Routeburn Track I am an experienced hiker wih no car :( but am just fine with using any type of public transport. I have all gear/equipment necessary and would love to find someone to keep me company along the way! My dates are pretty flexible so long as it falls in the month of February (or late Jan) I hope to hear from someone!
hi to M Christensen as well as other interested parties. I hope this email finds you well. My name is Tony I'm an Aussie, intending on going for a walk in NZ, probably South Island. I'm working this out VERY last minute, and judging by the responses above, I am unsure if you will be sorted out already. Either way I could use your help. I want to go for a walk for just under a week, I want to submerge myself in a beautiful place. I'm fit and experienced on mountains. I'm looking to start walking in about a week!!! I know its not much warning, but it may work, and it could be cool to meet a knew person over the trail. I am very happy solo travelling too, so if you have info on walks or recommendations on what to do, I'd appreciate your feedback, Regards, Tony

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Tramping partners
Started by christensen9000
On 1 October 2010
Replies 9
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown