Mt Turiwhate track map
Mt Turiwhate track
Track • 1 day. Medium. Return by the same track.
A route from SH73 at Grahams Creek, Turiwhate up to the tussock tops from where you can continue to the Turiwhate trig beacon or other high points on the Turiwhate Range. Great views are to be had...
- Unusually smooth, well-marked track, easy gradients. Up to about 4 hours per day.
- Typical lowland track. Generally easy walking and well marked. Ascents of up to 1000m. Some easy river crossings, unmarked travel along rivers.
- Typical tops track. Experienced trampers only. Rough, muddy and poorly marked or unmarked. Ascents of up to 2000m. River crossings, open tops, passes. Up to about 8 hours per day.
- Navigation and snow skills (use of ice axe and crampons) required. Glaciers, exposure to falls.
- Rough or non-existent tracks. Following ridges, bush spurs, and rivers. Steep ascents, arduous travel, hazardous conditions, snow and navigation skills essential.