Te Araroa Trail
Track • 95 days. Medium. One way.
Te Araroa is a walking trail running the entire length of the North and South Islands. The trail opened 3 December 2011.
Edwards River-Hawdon River
Track • 3 days. Medium. One way.
See Hawdon River.
Edwards River-Otehake River
Track • 4 days. Medium. One way.
Another north-south crossing of the park.
Track • 2 days. Medium. Return via same track.
A side trip off the popular Mingha-Deception route in Arthur's Pass.
Mingha River-Deception River
Track • 2 days. Medium. One way.
Goat Pass Track. Alpine track over a pass between two river valleys.
- Unusually smooth, well-marked track, easy gradients. Up to about 4 hours per day.
- Typical lowland track. Generally easy walking and well marked. Ascents of up to 1000m. Some easy river crossings, unmarked travel along rivers.
- Typical tops track. Experienced trampers only. Rough, muddy and poorly marked or unmarked. Ascents of up to 2000m. River crossings, open tops, passes. Up to about 8 hours per day.
- Navigation and snow skills (use of ice axe and crampons) required. Glaciers, exposure to falls.
- Rough or non-existent tracks. Following ridges, bush spurs, and rivers. Steep ascents, arduous travel, hazardous conditions, snow and navigation skills essential.