Suggestion.....

I've been thinking.... Yeah, dangerous, I know! :D But I'm often out on tracks or in huts, passing people or talking to a few people but not others, and I find myself wondering if any of the people I meet in passing are Tramper NZ regulars. So..... Matt, why not make yourself a few dollars? Hats/patches/stickers etc, that we, your regulars, can purchase from you? How cool would it be? You're strolling down a track or arrive at a hut, and catch a glimpse of someone else wearing/displaying a Tramper NZ moniker. You obviously get chatting, and all of a sudden, you discover you're chatting to Waynowski, or Honora, or DeepRiver, or any one of the other brilliant contributors on here! Maybe even Matt himself?! Would greatly enrich the day's experience, I reckon! I for one would be happy to purchase something, and display it proudly. Not to mention, I'll know if someone else is displaying the Tramper NZ moniker in some way, that I won't have to worry about them being a potential dumb-arse in the bush. ;) Especially if Matt is selective in who he sells them to... Anyone else be interested in something like this?
16 comments
11–16 of 16

I know how thrilling it is to bump into fellow permolat members. Usually the tools we carry give it away.
I reckon @strider has got it. Our very own Morris dance! Then as we stride along the path and see another tramper approaching we can simply break into a few dance steps as they approach. They will immediately respond in kind thus engendering a conversation to take place, or dash of the side of the track in fear and hide until the suspected loony chainsaw gang disappear.
Yes, the US military are big on coins. And these aren't usually just 'coins'. They're more like elaborate medallions. Some of them are phenomenal!
we could get tattoos!
Right across our foreheads.
Now you've got it! Tramper NZ ta moko! :D
11–16 of 16

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum The campfire
Started by Kreig
On 11 February 2017
Replies 15
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown