Shorts all year round

:warning: [Deleted]
31 comments
21–30 of 31

Looks about right!
@geeves Sweet. Know the spot well, the wet slushy snow, the unmistakeably kiwi gear, the KNEECAPS, and the cool, damp seeping off the page, the bubbling brew ... all make my heart sing. Keep getting out there!
That snow wasnt at all slushy. Remember that big snow storm that crippled Wellington a few years ago. This was 1 week later. There was snow on the porch of Roaring stag lodge. I had made the mistake of leaving my boots socks and gaiters out overnight. Could hold the gaiters like a dinner plate. Socks were no better. The feet objected quite painfully about the boots for 15 minutes then went numb. Was a good trip
great photo @geeves makes me think of Scotland
"makes me think of Scotland". Yes, especially with the central figure obviously in the midst of a highland fling! Or is he just cold? lol Have always been a shorts man, with leggings in dire situations and always was judgemental of anyone tramping and wearing 'longs'. However bought a pair of Columbia nylon pants a few years ago and have been amazed at their versatility and their rapid drying ability. And even after about 6 years of wearing still look as good as new. They are great for holiday traveling as mud just brushes off and they can be used for even slightly posh situations. And they keep the sandflies at bay so are excellent for hut/tent pants of an evening and are VERY lightweight.
21–30 of 31

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum The campfire
Started by [Deleted]
On 17 May 2016
Replies 30
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown