Accessing this site from a cell phone

I am posting this from my new Telecom cell phone. Very cool, though the screen is a tad small.
12 comments
11–12 of 12

I needed to get a cell phone when my children were teenagers. It was the only way I could communicate with them.
The first time I went tramping with one it got moisture in it and started texting nonsense txts to the first person on my contacts lists. I took the Battery out to stop it. Did not realise this upset the time, so when I thought I was getting away from the hut really early next morning before 7am it was actually around 9.30 am, and then that evening when I was starving, but did not want to eat my dinner to early thinking it was on 4pm, when in fact it was closer to 7pm, ended up eating half a packet of chocolate and getting a sugar rush and then crashing. Things we solo trampers do in huts to amuse ourselves. It was not till I found a radio and turned it on when I was eating at what I thought was 6.00pm to discover it was in fact closer to 9pm. Another time it got wet and did not work for a whole day, was quite thankful of that, very peaceful. One more on cell phones and tramping, about 3 nights back my wife was looking at her cell phone and said she had a text from me. Was one I sent 5 weeks earlier from Puketutu Hut. She had only just found it.
11–12 of 12

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum The campfire
Started by pmcke
On 6 June 2009
Replies 11
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown