Boot Brands

Hello, What do you people think about Timberland Boots??? I would like Scarpas but doesnt fit my budget!! Im not very experienced in this sort of stuff...
13 comments
11–13 of 13

some shops have already started charging for fittings.. blame the distributors with monopolies, they charge massive markups, traditionally you didnt have any other easy option of buying cheaper gear but with the rise of online shopping thats changed another tramping shop is closing down , green coast on the a north shore, no doubt can't compete with the big boys.. kathmandu have a sale on pretty much every month now...
kathmandu have a sale on pretty much every month now... Ever gone into katmandu when there isnt a sale on? You will find one person behind the counter and thats the total staff on site. Sale time there are so many salesmane you cant sprint round the shop without being asked if you need assistance a dozen times. I have nothing about buying overseas but if I try something on and then buy it it will be from that shop. I bought my snowboard boots online and they are a brand thats not in the shops and they worked fine but I bought my tramping boots and ski boots from a shop.
so far ie bought all my boots in nz at sales... but if i'm going to buy the same model again or a brand that ive used before in future if thers a decent saving i'll be looking to buy it overseas... most of my outdoor clothing is bought overseas, usually because its not available here bt again if theres a big enough price difference i'll buy it over here.. some outdoor gear is being sold at such high prices because people are willing to pay that for the gear, if people refused to pay those prices the distributors might really wake up and cut their prices. we're not all made of money... boots dont last that long compared to other gear and they are really expensive... i just chewed through a pair of salomon shoes in a few months from using them on average two days every three weeks.... i think they cost me around ten dollars for every day i used them... i'm not going to pay retail price to replace them and if they are on sale the sale price would have to be pretty competitive with overseas prices to warranty forking out for shoes that cost as much as salomons do for the frequency they have to be replaced.... in future i'll be using heavier boots to do my coastal walking , i'll get much better bang for my buck...
11–13 of 13

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Gear talk
Started by bikinghiking
On 21 August 2013
Replies 12
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown