Hiking March 2012

1–10 of 12

Hi! I'm going to be travelling around New Zealand throughout March, and I'd like to do as much hiking as possible. It's my first time visiting the country, so I'd love to have some company of someone's planning on doing some hiking at that time. I'm thinking about doing maybe one of the Great Walks, but I'm also interested in doing some that are less visited, and where accommodation is cheaper. I'm pretty experienced when it comes to hiking, having grown up in the fjord areas in Norway, and I've also done done rock climbing. I'll be 24 when I get to NZ. I don't have a fixed itinerary so I'm pretty flexible as to which hikes to do, but I'd like to spend the majority of the month on the south island. So please let me know if you have similar plans and would like to meet up! Anita
work out which great walk you want to do in advance and book it in advance or you will miss out if it books out, personally the routeburn then the kepler are my favourite great walks if you want to do the milford book now if it isnt already booked out then https://booking.doc.govt.nz/ i'd focus on the south island more, theres far more choices and generally better.
make sure you purchase an six month backcountry hut pass when you arrive. Around $92 and available to use in all the huts throughout NZ except the great walks (and one or two other bookable huts such as lake angelus in Nelson lakes NP & Aspiring Hut in Aspiring NP)Pays for itself in around 10 nights.
hi anita, I'll also be doing some serious tramping in southland/fjordland in march 2012. I'm an experienced (leightweight)hiker and outdoor guide (canue and tramping in sweden!) from germany, if you want to join me on one or the other track you can contact me: [Email address removed] see you, sigi
ok, so no email ;)
doing this as well had to book the milford last as only availible date was late march so going to do kapelan and roteburn around then as well looking to do stewart island as well as harper pass mueller hut etc fit 27 year old canadian
watch stewart ialand, apart from the rakiura walk the rest can tend to be real mud baths.... great scnery though , remote with few people.
Be happy to take you tramping in the Tararuas if you are in the lower North Island, beautiful place and the home of tramping in New Zealand .
hi, I have a miserable week of holiday in NZ in march (from the 17th to the 24th) and I would love to do some hiking in the southern island. I do quite a lot of treeks here in the french alps, some rock climbing and I absolutely love the nature. Anything fixed for these dates? Regards,
Hi. I'll looking for buddies for walking the Three Passes route (4-5 days, out of Arthur's Pass) between 13 March 2012 and 21 March 2012. [ I'm 35, Australian, male, experienced hiker (no climbing); recently walked the two month Haute Route (France/Spain). ] Cheers, Brett
1–10 of 12

Sign in to comment on this thread.

Search the forums

Forum Tramping partners
Started by anitagdigernes
On 13 January 2012
Replies 11
Permanent link

Formatting your posts

The forums support MarkDown syntax. Following is a quick reference.

Type this... To get this...
Italic *Italic text* *Italic text*
Bold **Bold text** **Bold text**
Quoted text > Quoted text > Quoted text
Emojis :smile: :+1: :astonished: :heart: :smile: :+1:
:astonished: :heart:
Lists - item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 1 - item 2 - item 3
Links https://tramper.nz https://tramper.nz
Images ![](URL/of/image)

URL/of/image
![](/whio/image/icons/ic_photo_black_48dp_2x.png)
Mentions @username @username

Find more emojiLearn about MarkDown